The Fremont Symphony Orchestra’s free Children’s Concert for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students will be held on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 in the Ohlone College’s Epler Gymnasium located at 43600 Mission Blvd., Fremont. The concert will feature compositions by local elementary school students, selected from submissions to our Young Composer Competition. For schools in Fremont, information and applications for the Young Composer Competition will be sent to you directly from the Fremont Unified School District offices.
This year we are offering one 50-minute concert scheduled for 10:15 am on Tuesday March 20, 2018. Featuring:
- Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf
- Performed by the Fremont Symphony Orchestra, Conducted by Alan Anibal
- Dancers from Yoko's Dance and Performing Arts Academy
- Narrated by Fremont Mayor Lily Mei
- One movement of Mozart Second Violin Concerto by just-turned-8 violinist Ava Pakiam
- Children's original compositions are are fully orchestrated, performed by the orchestra
Great fun for all ages... and FREE!
- This is open to all public and private elementary schools.
- There is an elevator available to carry handicapped students to the Ohlone College gym.
- Please reserve your space no later than Friday, March 2, 2018. All reservations are processed in the order received. Space is not guaranteed.
- We will send you a confirmation letter, after we receive your reservation.
- We are willing to open this up to other grade levels as well. If you know of other teachers that would like to bring their students to this amazing annual event, please forward this information to them.