44th Annual Free Children’s Concert
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 10:15 AM
The Fremont Symphony Orchestra’s free Children’s Concert for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students will be held on Tuesday, March 20, 2018 in the Ohlone College’s Epler Gymnasium located at 43600 Mission Blvd., Fremont. The concert will feature compositions by local elementary school students, selected from submissions to our Young Artist Competition. For schools in Fremont, information and applications for the Young Composer Competition will be sent to you directly from the Fremont Unified School District offices.
While the concert is open to the public with a program for all ages, the primary aim is to introduce young listeners to classical symphonic music.
This year we are offering one 50-minute concert scheduled for 10:15 am on Tuesday March 20, 2018:
- This is open to all public and private elementary schools.
- There is an elevator available to carry handicapped students to the Ohlone College gym.
- Please reserve your space no later than Friday, March 2, 2018. All reservations are processed in the order received. Space is not guaranteed.
- We will send you a confirmation letter, after we receive your reservation.
- We are willing to open this up to other grade levels as well. If you know of other teachers that would like to bring their students to this amazing annual event, please forward this information to them.
- Prokofiev’s Peter and the Wolf
- Performed by the Fremont Symphony Orchestra
- Dancers from Yoko's Dance and Performing Arts Academy
- Narrated by Fremont Mayor Lily Mei
- One movement of Mozart Second Violin Concerto by just-turned-8 violinist Ava Pakiam
- Children's original compositions are are fully orchestrated, performed by the orchestra
Reserve your space now:
To arrange for FUSD transportation, contact Nicole Bryant at 510-659-2596, ext 12605. For concert information, call the Fremont Symphony at (510) 371-4859.
You may also download the concert reservation form:
history of free Fso Concerts
Since 1975, Fremont Symphony Orchestra’s Free Children’s Concerts have provided an opportunity for several thousand school-age children from public and private schools in Fremont, Newark and Union City to hear live symphonic music—many for the first time. The concerts include original compositions by Fremont schoolchildren, professionally arranged and performed by the Fremont Symphony Orchestra.
For more information please EMAIL Fremont Symphony Orchestra or call 510-371-4860.